BOOK REVIEWS – – Readers Want to Know What You Think
Most readers select books based upon recommendations from friends. Or, they read the reviews left by others. Generally, if there are no reviews (or very few) many readers surmise the book may not be very good. So, they move on to another selection.
Authors Need Book Reviews
Reviews are an important marketing tool for all authors, including yours truly. Well-known authors, like James Patterson or Lee Childs, get hundreds of reviews for every book they write. Unknown authors like myself have to work hard to get reviews.
A Little Help From My Friends and Fans
Since you willingly receive my blogs, and hopefully, have read my latest—BLIND PIG: Detroit Thorn Birds Defy Mafia, I need your assistance. Would you write a review?
For those of you who have never written a review before, I’ve prepared a brief guideline you can follow. And, don’t worry, you can create a faux name (i.e., BookAddict, ReallyRead) to submit the review if you prefer not to use your name.
Guidelines for Placing a Review on Amazon
The following guidelines are for placing a review on Amazon, however, the process is very similar for all online book retail sites.
- Go to Amazon.com and type in the title of the book you read. Example: Blind Pig by Les Cochran
- Click on the gold review stars, then click “See Reviews”
- When you get to the page showing reviews submitted by others, click on “Write a Review.”
- Click on the number of stars you would like to give the book. After you do this, a box will appear for you to type in your review.
- If you bought the book directly from me rather than through Amazon, please state that fact in the beginning. Example: I bought an autographed copy of Blind Pig directly from the author.
- The length of your review can be 2-4 sentences (or more, if you wish); identify what you liked best such as storyline, a specific character(s), history of the city. You might mention that you liked the continuation of the story from the first book in the series, or that you are looking forward to the next one. FYI: First in the Detroit Mafia series is SAX CLUB, second is BLIND PIG and third, to be released Fall of 2018 is GET EVEN.
- If you prefer not to use your name on your review, you can create a reviewer’s name. Look for the place on the upper right where it states your public name. Click on “Change,” then make up a name. Don’t be afraid to be clever here .
A Review for Any of My Books Is Appreciated
If you haven’t read BLIND PIG, I hope you will. However, your review of any of my books would be helpful. It’s NEVER too late to write a review. Just in case you want to do, so here is a list of my books:
- Signature Affair: Love, Lies and Liaisons
- Costly Affair: Love, Lies and Liaisons
- Presidential Affair: Love, Lies and Liaisons
- Sax Club: Detroit Thorn Birds Defy Mafia
- Blind Pig: Detroit Thorn Birds Defy Mafia
- Get Even: Detroit Thorn Birds Defy Mafia (Sorry, you have to wait, it’ll be released later this year)
Tell Others, Spread the Word
I’m pleased so many of you are interested in my work, and hope you’ll continue to tell others who like to read. Sharing my blogs and Facebook posts with your friends really helps. Or, send them to my website.
Cheers to Readers Everywhere!